Use of Terms is based on root meanings less rhetorical notions.
- Centrist means: Efficient/Effective well reasoned policy
- Conservative means: Conserve/Preserve
- Liberal means: To freely give away
- Libertarian means: Focused on liberties and generally anti-governance
- Progressive means: Progressively addressing change factors and needs
Centrist Party Platform Framework
Economics: The Balance of Systems & Methods
Market economy and market regulation based on objective value limiting artificial market capacity. People and American principles and values are what made America great. Our industrious work, performance and productivity got us here.
Our evolving civil rights increased the common good through equality of opportunity based on ability. Checks and balances are needed to ensure that competition and innovation are not squeezed out of the American Dream. We need to protect and allow for potential to be achieved by the virtue of individual will, rather than over reliance on subsidy without performance agreements.
- Reduce/eliminate externalized costs
- Corporations can not force taxpayers to cover their mistakes
- Corporations can not force taxpayers to pay for lack of regulation
- Personal accountability for misdeeds is paramount
- Distributed responsibility must be reduced/eliminated
- Bankruptcy laws must be designed to encourage responsibility.
The Keynesian Problem
The Keynesian economic model in a liberal economic system and has inherent flaws that work against long term economic sustainability. We need a sustainable economic system. If we don’t have one, then we may or will likely destroy the carrying capacity of the system we have. Believe this though, having no sustainable economic system means bad days for everyone.
The Work of the Hand & The Mind
Working as a part of society is how we contribute to our own well being and that of our local communities and States. If we want better communities we need to do three things.
Be Educated: Rely more on evidence and reason that opinion.
Participate: Be in vovled in our community as able.
Vote/Support: An informed vote is a smarter vote.
But that education must be based in reality not opinoins about reality. That is alwayse where we run into our greatest problems. How we view reality is often not realistic, because of bias and opinion. We thus need to focus on objective analsyis of evidenve and how to reasonably interpret that evidence.
Secure – Stable – Sustainable:
Well reasoned economics, free markets through market transparency, with market regulation structured to achieve the common good. Enable equality of opportunity and fair competition, based on performance and productivity. Checks and balances to ensure that competition and innovation are not squeezed out of the American Dream. Protect and allow for potential to be achieved by the virtue of individual will, rather than subsidy without performance agreements, or due consideration to cost/benefit relationships. Balance between boutique economic systems and national/international systems. Efficient government and debt reduction are primary missions.
We Should Never Stop Learning
Knowledge is growing as we learn more and more about our wolrd and ourselves. Our societies are constandly in flux and our resource and security is tied to our understanding. Or, our lack of understanding.
Performance based systems to motivate the achievement of higher potentials. We need to begin dealing with the multitude of factors that impede our children’s education and transition out of the industrial model of education to foster innovation and critical thinking. Examining what works and what is needed will net greater progress and defined policy direction. We need to adapt our educational methods to catch up with the progress we have made.
- Quality Public Education
- The TLC/PATH Approach (learn more)
- Performance Based Structuring
Skill – Innovation – Performance:
We need to empower our educational system with better tools and methods and structure that by design meets individual learning needs and streamlines performance administration. We need performance based systems to motivate and enable the achievement of higher potentials. We need to address the multitude of factors that impede maximizing potential and transition out of the industrial model of education to foster innovation, critical thinking and problem solving. We need to enable self paced learning through individuated methods that are easier to manage. The TLC/PATH system is designed to achieve this.
Energy is the Engine of Life
Clean, Safe, Sustainable systems and rapid transitions based on needs and technology to achieve energy independence and a healthier future. Enabling transitions to protect the health of the environment and provide sufficient energy is key to a stable healthy transition. Transitioning the energy economy will increase our productivity.
- Sustainable, Clean, Safe Resource Usage
- Fusion, Hydrogen Fuel Cell, Wind, Solar, Hydro,
- New Generation Technology in Nuclear Plants
- There is no reason for taxpayers to be paying fossil fuel companies through subsidies, so they can make even more money, while we pay for their products, and they are some of the most profitable companies in the world. That’s just weird.
Clean – Safe – Sustainable:
Economically sound systems and rapid transition strategies based on needs and available technology to achieve energy independence and a healthier future. Enabling transitions to protect the health of the environment and provide sufficient energy is key to a stable healthy transition. Conservative regulation to reduce energy usage will enhance our energy security. A structural transition is already begun, yet we must explore methods to speed this transition to reduce dependency on foreign oil as well as address energy needs and concerns.
We keep our house clean because it protects our health and well being. Our environment is an extension of our house. The only difference is it is ALL our responsibility to keep it clean.
Global warming and climate change will be one of the main issues in the current and foreseeable future. It’s impact will affect our economy and security with new challenges affecting our food and water supply as well as global stability issues and resource capacity. The more rapidly we address these challenges the more affordable and feasible will be the solutions.
- Sustainable, Clean, Safe Energy & Resource Utilization
- Integrate climate policy with capitalism mechanisms
Clean – Safe – Sustainable:
Policy based on realistic assessment of available resources and common sense usage of those resources regarding system capacity and regulation considerate of these ends. Any lack of consideration in this area directly impacts our economy and security. Rapidly addressing needed policy directives will yield more affordable solutions and a healthier future. It is now a well established fact that global warming is occurring and the change in climate forcing is human caused.
Health & Well Being
Empower the FDA and fight the special interests that may be contributing to the erosion of health in America. Unhealthy food and lifestyles are a major cause of increased cost of healthcare. We need to get back towards where we were in around the 1950’s to achieve this goal.
- Basic healthcare coverage for all
- A healthcare tax is required
- Price equality needs research and policy enhancement
- Food that have an externalized cost over and above that of natural foods and can cause disease/disorders require regulation and taxation to cover their costs.
- CP will examine food industry practices and food content for costs and propose policy based on validated assessments.
Health – Food – Lifestyle:
Real health-care is promoting and increasing health, not concentrating on disease-care after the fact. Lack of attention regarding systemic influence in our health system may have caused us to focus in areas that are not to our advantage. Such influences need to be considered in order to address areas that may be eroding the health of America. We need to empower the FDA to perform this mission and remove or reduce impediments that are counter to this mission. Health should be our primary concern. here in that health will reduce the cost of healthcare. Unhealthy food and lifestyles are a major cause of increased healthcare costs and the antidote is health. Being healthy reduces healthcare costs.
Political Reform: Centrist/Progressive
Get the Money Out of Politics
Get the special interests out of the electoral and legislative process. We need to work hard to reduce big money influence in politics. It will take leadership and courage to fix our electoral process. The people will need to lead on this issue until sufficient political will and centrist leaders can gain enough influence to bring about needed reform.
- Support Federal Republican Democracy
- Support for independent council filters
- Ensure protections from demagoguery and tyranny of the masses
- Electoral College reform w/Hamilton Amendment or revised amendment
- Get Big Money and Dark Money out of politics.
Integrity – Honor – Humility:
We must reduce special interest influence over politicians due to the inherent conflict of interest between corporate interests and the common good which have infiltrated the electoral and legislative process. We need leadership that is strong enough to stand and fight for what needs to be done, and oppose populist influenced corporate and media driven messaging. We need to address the fundamental basis of the erosion of the system, including supreme court decisions that may be at odds with reason and common sense regarding the integrity and security of our nation.
Security (NATSEC): Conservative/Progressive
Stability Equals Security
The world is more dangerous for many reasons, partly because we are not paying attention to the global system, cultural psychology and system dynamics. Mistakes due to ‘too’ narrow a view can agitate already challenging situations. Leadership, nationally and globally, requires paying attention and working with partners around the world so we can protect freedom and democracy and the republic for which it stands. We need to respect what it means to be American with healthy governance as intended by the founders of this great nation with the spirit and intentions that inspired our independence and the American spirit.
- Isolate IC networks.
- International Trade Balance in accord with security needs.
- Build checks and balances to ensure allies can trust us again.
- Stepwise unilateral push for global removal of strategic nuclear weapons
- State Department needs to reinvigorate support for democracy
- Use levers of government to support republican democracy globally
- We are one nation but the planet is one world, we need to find ways to enhance global stability be it by negotiation, sanction, trade and mutual goals or force, we must learn to work better together.
- CP supports influence campaigns/methods to ensure our security, by ensuring security elsewhere. There are multiple paths here: economic, trade, sanction and negotiation. But our goal is to find the safest path for America, for our allies, and for those that may become our allies.
- CP supports a strong military and supporting those who serve and those who have served. We recognize the challenges and must work with the debt that has been handed us by previous administrations, but we need to work it out so things are better for our vets.
Honor – Integrity – Strength:
To be a beacon of freedom and democracy we must practice and enforce the protection of these ideals at home and abroad. We need to enhance state department communications capacity and continue relationship building worldwide; recognize actions have short and long term consequences; support and empower the military rather than outsource. Our military is a force for peace and stability. Any other view is a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of our military force. Our military is a sword, often sheathed, yet at the ready. Our brave men and women who serve to this end need our support.
CP Platform Policy Issues/Position Planks
The 2nd Amendment (Gun Rights): Conservative/Progressive
The 2nd Amendment:
Points of Focus:
- “A well regulated Militia”
- “security of a free State”
- “right of the people to keep and bear Arms”
Let’s add this up. In order to secure the freedom of the States, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”, and each State shall have a “well regulated Militia” “necessary to the security of a free State”.
The 2nd Amendment…
…was clearly designed by the founders with the aim to form a ‘balance of power’ between the States and the Federal Republic. This was to protect the States from federal republican dominance and authoritarian rule. It was clearly NOT intended to empower ‘individuals’, or ‘private groups’, to rebel against the Federal government, nor was it designed to support group or private ownership of “Arms”.
Simply put: State regulated militias would be much safer than armed random citizens that might be having a bad day; or private militias that rely on lack of regulation to operate in secret or underground, and act as if they are above the law.
It is important to understand that the focus of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the States from Federal overreach. Private militias are not State approved or regulated and thus are not entitled to the protection of the 2nd Amendment.
The 2nd Amendment is NOT an empowerment for individuals or private groups to attack the Federal Republican government or State governments; that is the job of the States. Citizen protests against the federal government are what the 1st Amendment is for.
The 1st Amendment protects the rights of the press and citizens: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” That is a right to ‘peacefully’ protest, to and about the government without the Federal government silencing you.
The 2nd Amendment is designed to support a ‘balance of power’ between the states and the national government to prevent takeover or infringement of States by the Federal Republic. Basic civics: We the people live in States, and the States have a contract with the United States of America. It’s called the Constitution. American citizens need to respect and abide that contract.
Making it work for all Americans
- CP embraces the 2nd Amendment in FULL, as it is written and clearly intended by the founders and as read in order to protect the people from unnecessary violence:
- Federal shall support the States’ right to enable and regulate a State Militia
- States must utilize military grade code regulation for weapon ownership
- In accordance with the 2nd Amendment: No Private Militias will be allowed
- All State Militia members must undergo background checks
- All State Militia members must report for regular training
- All State Militia members are subject to the law of the land
- It shall be illegal for any private militia, group or individual to invade or threaten State government
- All States should examine the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for regulatory guidance
- States shall have the right to set age requirements in accord with regional context
- The sale, purchase, distribution, ownership or possession of functional automatic weapons, or weapons that can easily be made functional, is prohibited with the exception of active duty police officers
- The sale, purchase, possession, or distribution of conversion kits that enable automatic function shall be illegal
- It shall be illegal to impersonate state licensed Militia members
- Individuals must be a member of the State Militia to purchase or own firearms
This platform plank outlines the general foundation and reasoning for a common sense solution that adheres to the Constitution and enables States to properly regulate the ownership of “Arms”. Since there is no perfect solution this plank is subject to being updated if The Centrist Party finds a better way to ensure citizen safety and States rights in relation to Federal rights.
Unite America with The Centrist Party
- Enough is enough. We must unite to reclaim our government. Join the Centrist Party. Work together to heal our nation and return balance in governance and common sense for the nation and the people.
The Centrist News
Check out Centrist News & Perspectives for centrist media intelligence: