What's Going on in America?
- Quality of education of our children - 72% see as crucial
- Threat of global terrorism - 71% see as crucial
- Availability of quality health care - 68% see as crucial
- America’s dependence on foreign energy - 67% see as crucial
- Situation in Iraq - 66% see as crucial
- The increasing national debt - 62% see as crucial
- Corruption in Washington - 62% see as crucial
- The issue of immigration - 50% see as crucial
- Global warming and climate change - 44% see as crucial
- Guns in our society - 39% see as crucial
- Challenge of India and China - 34% see as crucial
- Abortion - 30% see as crucial
- Gay marriage - 22% see as crucial
What's going on in America? Many of our elected leaders are well intentioned, but good intentions do not a healthy country make. It's as if we have lost track of practical reality in the clouds of bureaucracy, agenda and position.
What looks like mismanagement to the American people is explained away with rhetoric and diversion. The political bias is so strong that solutions are diluted or abandoned in favor of party influence or special interests. The Centrist Party can diffuse the bias by becoming a balancing element in the political spectrum of influence.
Overhauling the System
We don’t need just new leaders, we need new leadership philosophy. We don’t need just a new philosophy or lip service, we need new methods. We don’t’ need just new methods; we need rational, organized performance based structuring that is not just top down. We need management that operates in all directions at once. We now have the technology to achieve it.
We don’t need people in charge that smile and congratulate each other; we need real accountability at all levels. If people are afraid to speak up for fear of being fired, or their career will be put in jeopardy, then any organization will suffer. It should not be possible for someone to break the rules and hide their mistakes by fear and intimidation.
Fixing the system is not impossible. It will take a dedication and drive along with the concerted efforts of an administration that understands systems and efficiency. The system of management envisioned can be employed across the spectrum of government agencies. Accountability and efficiency will be achieved if we work together in this direction.
The caste system of organization does not motivate solutions. Empowering people at all levels, allows solutions to come from all levels. Safeguards need to be in place to ensure that the people that contribute to the system are recognized for it, not just managers and supervisors.